View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 08:00 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 74,712 Times in 14,910 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
I'm all for that.... Set a projector up, I'lll bring the popcorn all we would need then, would be some Lazyboys and some hot tea, lol....

I Love, just love to watch old movies, I yearn for the yester years but sadly, no one else here does in my home....So for the most part, I go without . My wife, kids and family has told me many time that I have an old soul, that well, I was sort of born out of my time.

I mean, I'm up on the times and electronics to a degree, but I really thrive for the simpler things in life....where life, family, values, faith, honesty, trust and simplicity is a key to the path of happiness. Now adays, "it's the all about me", fast pace, fast food, fast whatever lifestyles.... And for the movies and electronics, SD, HD, 3D, 4D, LED, LCD, plazma, projection, pixles per inch, Cat 6, USB, fiber optics, blue ray; ugggh when is enough enough?

Well, I do admit, at least with some things, they do look really nice but as with everything, it comes with a cost. Me, pass me the bowl of popcorn and put on an old movie like say, Captain Blood, Robin Hood, Ivanhoe, stagecoach, etc... I'm happy....
I have always felt I was born at the wrong period of time, so I know what you are saying. Going to a store that was more concerned about customer service instead of what their shareholders think. I would love to work for something like Macy's out of Miracle On 34th Street, wearing a suit & tie, and feeling like you are part of something instead of just a number. The celebrity worship is out of hand, with the likes of people who do jack squat. Technology I don't get, my TV still has a tube. My favorite music is old, my taste in Christmas music is even older. I love looking at old pictures of days gone by, they seem to speak to me, I read copies of a magazine at work called Reminisce just because I was born 20-30 years after those ads or pictures I feel a kinship to it. Heck, I still read the newspaper daily. But, I can't be without the internet, go figure.