View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 01:24 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,989 Times in 7,725 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Good afternoon, MMC!

It has been a very long few days. After I logged out of here on Friday I received news that one of my friends was going into hospice. I called on Saturday to get the details of where and when so I could visit and found out she had already passed away - I'm still somewhat shocked. I knew she was ill, but the last update I had she was improving. Sunday evening the local NPR station airs a show called the Juke Joint - the first hour and a half was a tribute to G. It was so nice to hear some of her favorite songs.

Today I took Mouse to the vet's. She has been acting a bit off of late and hasn't been eating as much. She kept rubbing at her face, too. Her teeth are fine although her gumline is a bit on the red side. The vet said it was probably because of a piece of food that got caught in her teeth or else it was Palmer fighting with her. Mouse got two shots, a nail trim and a bottle of antibiotic I have to give her three times a day starting Wednesday. Poor baby was so scared during the whole ordeal. She is wandering the house, acting like she doens't know what to do with herself. She is eating again, though, so that is good. Palmer is shut in the bathroom in a time-out. I feel bad keeping her locked up today, but I want Mouse to relax after her ordeal and she won't if Palmer is on the loose, attacking her at every chance.

I am a bit wore out from stress - I plan on taking it easy for the rest of the day and might even take a nap. I feel as if I am getting over a major migraine.

The snow is melting fast right now, but I think there is more on the way along with much cooler temperatures. If we get enough forecast, I am going to find a pan to collect some snow in and make snow cream

Have a most MERRY day!!!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (02-18-2013), Bradmac (02-18-2013), caninemom3 (02-18-2013), Christmasstar (02-18-2013), made582 (02-18-2013), mgramsey (02-19-2013), Ryan (02-18-2013), Seawaters (02-18-2013), snowflake22 (02-18-2013), xmas365 (02-18-2013)