View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 09:13 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,721 Times in 9,080 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent View Post
Good morning everyone!

Another 'Pines Day has arrived. Yes, it is nearing the official midway point of the week and the weekend is just around the corner. Yesterday was quite the adventure. Someone had dropped a "suspicious package" at one of the main bus stops, which is one over from where I work. Anyway, they had to divert traffic from this spot. On top of this, it was also snowing pretty well. In the end, it took me about an hour and a half to get home from work. Normally, it is only a 15 minute trip. Frustrating. But something good came from the delay!

As we were slowly moving along with traffic, I noticed two Christmas-style guard figures (not Nutcrackers) standing outside a store. Then, between them there was a wreath on the door that said "Merry Christmas!" Could it be? Then I looked up at the signage and read "Tinseltown." Yes. Ottawa now has a year-round Christmas store! I wanted to exit the bus immediately. Tinseltown was calling my name! I cannot believe that I did not know of this store's existence until yesterday. After doing some research, I have discovered that it opened quite recently (sometime last year). I informed Kim of my discovery and we agreed that we must go very shortly. I think I may need a little Christmas (store) fix.

My plans were a little messed up with my delay yesterday, so I could only do my 40 minute run at the gym. It was boring as usual. Still, it is decent rehab for my knee. I have another appointment tomorrow. It could be my final appointment, or my doctor could also recommend I get a $500 PRP Injection, which could have me healed in a just over a month if it works... The only real problem is that $500 is a lot to come out of my pocket. Still, it is mighty worth it if it works. We shall see.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great 'Pines Day! Carl has the place looking great.
Isn't it great that when you are forced to slow down in life that something amazing happens?!

500 bucks is a lot! I hope you are able to get that injection and heal quickly!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-20-2013), Christmasstar (02-20-2013), Seawaters (02-21-2013), snowflake22 (02-20-2013), sugar142286 (02-21-2013), whitney37354 (02-20-2013), xmas365 (02-20-2013)