View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,341 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I am going to check them out. I think I heard about that series. Maybe this could be my second calling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
There are SO many good film mystery series from the 1930s and 1940s---you should see Edna May Oliver as Hildegarde Withers. Actually, Seawaters should see those---Miss Withers was a middle-aged schoolteacher who dabbled in solving murders!

Yes, it was exciting to hear him tell his stories onstage. And when he saw me standing in line with his dad's autobiography (it's about the size of "Gone with the Wind"!), he grinned and said, "I know what that is!" I'll always remember how happy he was to see someone with that book. There are photos inside of him with his dad and the rest of the family. I wanted him to sign one of the photos, but he felt that would mess up the book. Instead he signed a record album he and his partner were selling. I still have that, and the program from the show. He's a Julliard graduate and arranged the harp solos for the LPs Harpo recorded in the 1950s. He told stories about those, too.