Thread: Vintage Film
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,269 Times in 5,590 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgramsey View Post
I'm a westerns guy. Growing-up we went to the drive-in most weekends to see the latest western (guess I'm showing my age). I am a huge John Wayne fan. Our son Ethan is named after the character Wayne played in my favorite move of all time; 'The Searchers'. 'Gunsmoke' is by far my favorite TV series of all time.
Mr. surprised me by showing me a 1940s Western movie (I think it was "Singing on the Trail") with a good-looking singing cowboy played by ... Ken Curtis! I couldn't believe that that clean-cut young cowboy was the same actor as frowzy ol' Festis!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-27-2013), mgramsey (02-27-2013), Ryan (02-26-2013), Seawaters (02-26-2013), snowflake22 (02-26-2013), Yuletide Junkie (03-03-2013)