Thread: Vintage Film
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,888 Times in 2,720 Posts
Ryan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa envious
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Could have been almost any of them! Their stuff was pretty tame by today's standards, but was pretty shocking then. Along the lines of "Animal Crackers," when Groucho says, "We took some pictures of the native girls, but they weren't developed ... but we're going back in a couple weeks ..."

I don't remember seeing it ... let me know what you think. I do like Fred Allen. I haven't seen much of his film work beyond a couple of his one-reel Vitaphone shorts. It's good to know that some of the more "obscure" films are getting an airing on Blu-ray. We don't have a Blu-ray player yet, 'cause we still have an non-HD analog TV. I've heard there's a mouthwatering Blu-ray of Buster Keaton's "The General."
That line from Animal Crackers just made me laugh. Groucho could be risque, from what I understand (I've read some of his personal letters...I've heard he could cuss like a sailor, too).

From what I understand, this is Fred Allen's only starring role in a feature film. I'll let you know what I think.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-27-2013), snowflake22 (02-26-2013)