View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 10:20 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 83,230 Times in 14,040 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbutler View Post
Hello Christmas friends,

First time I've posted something like this but I've seen others do it. I'd appreciate all the support we can get.

This past weekend was horrible for me and my family. We are/were friends with another couple with a history of marital problems and domestic violence. Over the years we've drifted apart, although my wife and I have kept in touch with the other wife via Facebook, texts, e-mails. The husband was not interested in a relationship with us, although he knew that his wife remained friends.

On Sunday, we were at church when I got a call on my cell phone from the wife. When I picked up the call, it was actually the husband on her cell phone. He was screaming at me, acusing me of having a "relationship" with his wife. (I cannot repeat the language here, but I haven't heard so many f bombs ever.) He demanded to know where I was. He told me he was going to find me and kill me. I talked to him for a couple of minutes, trying to get him to calm down. He refused to listen when I told him he was wrong. He finally hung up. A few minutes later, she called me back. She told us that he had made the phone call from our front porch. He had gone to the house to find me, and when I wasn't home, he had made the call. (She had been in the car, watching him talk to me from the porch. I presume that their three children were in the car as well.) Also, he had run off, and she didn't know where he was.

We made a police report and arranged for surveillance of our home. Since it was a Sunday, I couldn't do anything else. We received additional phone calls from the couple telling us that the situation was under control. He had come back to their home after an hour or so. The last call we received, he told me that he was not going to hurt me. He was just "angry" and "blowing off steam." He apologized to my wife. (Not to me.) They had counseling appointments this week, and we were assured that these anger issues would be dealt with in those meetings.

Needless to say, we will never have contact with this family again. We heard no feedback from their counseling, but we are assuming that the situation has been diffused. (Keeping the doors locked and being very careful and watchful, though.) I went to court on Monday and asked for a personal protection order. I was denied because the law requires that there be two incidents of threatening behavior. So, we are starting to relax a little bit, but not much.

Please pray for us. Pray for our safety. We're also dealing with the emotional fall out of all of this. My daughter and I especially. We are having feelings of isolation and loneliness. My daughter is crying a lot and needing to be around people all the time. I feel the same way. Please pray that we can put this situation behind us and move on with our lives.
How terrifying this must be.

I hope you have loved ones to lean on.

You & your family are in my thoughts & prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk