Thread: Vintage Film
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,363 Times in 2,949 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post

Thanks for posting, I hadn't heard of that website before. I must listen to the one featuring Carl Davis (composer of musical scores for numerous video releases of silent films) ... he wrote a gorgeous score for "Our Hospitality," my favorite score for "The General," and the score he wrote for "Show People" is my absolute favorite. See, he also wrote the background music for the 13-part "Hollywood" series (a must-see), and the scoring included themes for certain people and circumstances. He plays with those themes in "Show People"---for example, when John Gilbert shows up in a cameo, you get a snippet of the John Gilbert theme he wrote for "Hollywood." It's full of little "in-jokes" like that, besides being a wonderful score in its own right.
What is "Hollywood"? Is on DVD? I need to see this.