Thread: Vintage Film
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,269 Times in 5,590 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I am about to start one of my two last classes of my undergraduate career, and one of them is a class on Film Noir (I know, itís a senior ďblow-offĒ class, should be very breezy). But, I just looked at some of the films I need to watch and there are some good ones on the list! Double Indemnity is a requirement, and Iíve actually never seen this movie. Iím looking forward to it. Sunset Boulevard is also on the list. Iíve seen it but it has been at least fifteen years. I actually have it on DVD but have not watched that copy yet, so Iím looking forward to seeing it again. The Maltese Falcon and The Third Man are required viewing as well. Iíve seen Falcon and enjoy it, but have never seen The Third Man. Beyond this, some late Noir such as Point Blank with Lee Marvin are required, and I love that movie! Itís very unique, but one of my favorites. Chinatown is required as well, and Iím not looking forward to it. Iíve always wanted to see it and want to like it, but I canít separate it from Roman Polanski, who I find myself wanting to punch in the face. But, it may still be a good movie.
AlrightÖjust thought Iíd pass it along. Have any of you seen any of these pictures? If so, what do you think?
I'm rather sheepish to admit that of that bunch, I've only seen "Sunset Boulevard." (I've seen bits of "The Maltese Falcon" on TCM, but not the whole thing. We tend more toward non-noir mysteries, comedies, and musicals.) "Sunset Boulevard" is ... weird. In a creepy sort of way. Poor Gloria Swanson. I get the impression that people who saw it thought she was playing herself, but that wasn't the case. She's interviewed in the "Hollywood" series, and although she's a bit dramatic at times (she tells a good story about playing a scene lying on the floor with a live, roaring lion on her back), she isn't a mental case.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (03-10-2013), mgramsey (03-07-2013)