Thread: Vintage Film
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,988 Times in 2,731 Posts
Ryan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa envious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
I've seen all but Point Blank. It was odd seeing Fred McMurray and Barbara Stanwyck in a noir film since I was used to them from their television shows. Did you ever see their Christmas drama Remember the Night? The Maltese Falcon is my favorite of all that you mentioned and my least favorite is Chinatown. I saw that a long time ago and I don't remember why I didn't like it. Enjoy your class - sounds like it would be a fun one to take!
From what I've read, Chinatown is a little dark and twisted. I guess I'll find out because I'm going to be watching it.

Point Blank is very good, but it is different (it's based on a book...the same book the Mel Gibson movie "Payback" is based on, and the book series features the character Parker who they just made a move of called "Parker"). Point Blank isn't everyone's cup of tea, and I did not like it the first time I saw it but loved it the second time.

I want to find the first Maltese Falcon from the 30s (pre-code stuff). The Bogart version is the famous one, but it was actually a remake! I didn't know that until recently.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Meceka (03-13-2013)