View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 07:47 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 54,084 Times in 9,793 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post

I had started a project of transferring all of our homemade VHS videos of the kids as they were growing up to DVD a month ago and got side tracked, so today I'm going to make an effort to start working on them again. I'll probably will be doing this all day today and in between that doing laundry and making dinner later tonight for me and the mrs...
That is what I need to get busy on! I have several VHS that need to be transferred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Sadly, it CAN kill friendships ... It's one hard way to find out who your true friends are. Several of my (now former) friends stopped calling, returning calls, and answering letters during my two bouts with the beast. The same thing happened to my mom years before when she was fighting it. It was before the Internet and personal computers were in wide use, so it was a lonely and painful experience. It's a great blessing to have a husband and friends now who wouldn't withdraw if there's ever a recurrence. I got through those times only through the grace of God.

I apologize for the "outburst," but just had to come out with it. I'm just so grateful that you are not the type to quietly disappear when support is needed. Yes, it's awkward and painful to be around someone with cancer and not know what to say or how to help. But at least you can BE there. Just that much is powerful medicine.
That is sad when friends turn on you when you need them most. I am glad we all have each other here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
You will do wonderful, Christmasstar - have fun with your training!!
Agree!
Quote:
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
Good Evening, Christmas family

It has been a very chilly and gray day here but a good day, kind of. I have yet another "GI" thing going on. It seems I always have this type of thing happening. I am sure I will feel better eventually.
I hope you feel better today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post

We had LC's birthday party today, it went very well, he got some great gifts and loves each and everyone of them so far.
I am glad you all had fun!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
made582 (03-18-2013), Meceka (03-18-2013), MerryCarey (03-18-2013), Ryan (03-18-2013), Seawaters (03-18-2013), snowflake22 (03-18-2013), sugar142286 (03-18-2013), xmas365 (03-18-2013)