Thread: Vintage Film
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,852 Times in 2,714 Posts
Ryan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa envious
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Glad you enjoyed it! I laughed like the dickens when Ollie got "droF" burned onto the seat of his pants! It helps that the music is good and the performances are good. You probably already know that Vivian Blaine went on to a major role in "Guys and Dolls." One of our favorite OTR shows is "Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar," so we get a kick out of seeing Bob Bailey (billed as Robert Bailey) playing a con man.

There's a story that Lois, Stan's daughter, visited the set during shooting. She couldn't find her dad at first because he was dressed up as Miss Emily at the time!
The "droF" was very funny, "Hey Ollie, I see a truck." That whole desert scene was classic L&H in my opinion.
Miss Emily's laugh cracked me up.
Also, the attempt to drop the coal on the gangster was very funny...even though I knew what would happen...it was classic L&H.