View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 10:15 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,322 Times in 4,540 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
I went for the bone scan today. I had to go in at 10:30 to get the glow-in-the-dark shot. Then we left and did a little shopping and returned at 1:30 to do the scan. The technician asked me when my appointment with my breast doctor was, and I told him that after the doctor received their report, we would set up an appointment for him to tell me the results. He said he would have the results ready in five to ten minutes!!! So, I quickly called Dr. Grady and his nurse said they would fit me in TODAY and I would not have to make a return trip!!! The trip is 140 miles round trip. They were going to fax the results to him, but then they put them into an unsealed envelope for me to hand-carry. Of course I sneaked a peek and saw these words: "There is increased uptake about the shoulders, the cervical spine, hips, knees, and feet, but there are no definite focal abnormalities in the skeleton otherwise which would be suggestive of skeletal metastases. There is unusual soft tissue accumulation of tracer laterally below the right breast and medial to the lesser trochanters which is of doubtful clinical significance. The right kidney appears smaller than does the left." When I spoke with the doctor, he told me that the cancer pill I am taking could cause some pain; so I will check with my oncologist next week on that. PTL!!! Now, I am going to try to upload the pics we took yesterday! I cannot thank all of you enough for the prayers and positive thoughts. And, yes, Snowflake, I did feel uplifted by all of y'all's hands!!!
I'm so happy for you.....this is just awesome. Although I don't understand a word of it, I know what PTL means...and that's a good thing. I'm pulling for you...as we all are.

You mentioned the pictures showing imperfections....that's years of carrying the burdens of the young ones you so dearly cared for...wear those imperfections with pride....

Have glove will travel
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ballcoach For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (03-23-2013), caninemom3 (03-23-2013), Christmasstar (03-23-2013), made582 (03-22-2013), Meceka (03-23-2013), Seawaters (03-22-2013), snowflake22 (03-23-2013), sugar142286 (03-23-2013), whitney37354 (03-25-2013), xmas365 (03-23-2013)