Thread: Vintage Film
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,852 Times in 2,714 Posts
Ryan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa envious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Speaking of black and white movies, there are some movies, in my opinion, that I don't want to watch in color. When they colorized It's a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street it drove me crazy. My dad had bought those on VHS colorized when I was a teen and I would adjust the settings on the TV to turn the color off so I could watch them in black and white. Crazy, huh? Some love those movies colorized and that's fine, I love them just the way they were made, black and white. It gives them the original vintage feel!
Amen! I'm not a fan of colorized versions, although I understand why some like them.

Some movies, like film noir mysteries, work best in black and white in my opinion...the shading and the shadows would be off if they were in color.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (04-01-2013)