Thread: Vintage Film
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,294 Times in 5,595 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Tonight, in honor of baseball's opening day, are some baseball comedies. One I've never seen but am excited about is "It Happens Every Spring." Has anyone seen that one?
I haven't seen that. My favorite baseball comedy is "Rhubarb." It's about a cat that inherits a baseball team. There's also a little-known comedy called "Kill the Umpire."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
My wife is not a fan of it, either. To her, if a movie is in black and white it's probably not worth watching.
Boooooo! For shame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
My dad had bought those on VHS colorized when I was a teen and I would adjust the settings on the TV to turn the color off so I could watch them in black and white. Crazy, huh?
Crazy ... NOT! I don't like "Miracle on 34th Street" in color, and I can't STAND "It's a Wonderful Life" or Alastair Sim's "Scrooge" in color.

But there are a few films that actually benefit from colorization. Have you seen either of the colorized versions of "Babes in Toyland" (aka "March of the Wooden Soldiers")? Hal Roach wanted to make that in color, but didn't have the budget.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!