Thread: Announcement Honoring Caninemom3
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,339 Times in 12,651 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
When we announced yesterday the passing of Caninemom3 the Christmas Crew and many others stepped forward to seek ways of honoring and remembering her. Many have asked about sending flowers or doing something together that would adequately express our appreciation of Louann.

I am pleased to announce the following, with details on some of these items to come:

1. All donations made through SantasSleigh.org and all fees and donations received through My Merry Christmas through our first Annual Christmas-in-July event scheduled for later this summer will be pooled and donated to the ASPCA in Louann's name. In checking with Louann's family they felt this would be a most appropriate gesture that Louann would would approve of.

2. As announced yesterday via my blog, the My Merry Christmas.com Founders Award given every Christmas Eve to the member of our community who best exemplifies the Christmas spirit amongst us will be renamed The Louann Jeffries Award, in honor of our first-ever recipient of the honor, Caninemom3.

3. We're excited to announce that beginning in 2013 MMC will sponsor a scholarship for writers, to be called now The Louann Jeffries Scholarship of Christmas Writing. More details about how this will be awarded and when will be given in a future announcement. As you know, Louann was an aspiring writer and has for years made several contributions of her talent and time with creative works showcased here on MMC and on other sites of the Merry Network. I have been on quite a journey with Louann in these efforts and I can tell you she fought frustration and put in many hours of hard work to develop good skills. To her credit, she sought out, independently, expertise and advice from established writers as she worked to grow her talent. She had a beautiful voice and was developing a powerful tool that would touch others in a bigger way than her personal communication efforts allowed. It was inspiring to me when Louann recently shared with me her plans to enroll in local writing courses at an area college and her continued commitment to grow this talent. I find this an appropriate way for us to remember her and one of the many, many lessons she taught us.

Finally, I would hope that each of you find a way to participate in plans we're making now for our Christmas-in-July event this year. Louann was looking forward to that event and would be thrilled to know that you would be there for her this year, to share your company, your ideas, thoughts, suggestions, and good cheer as we take some time during the heat of summer to enjoy each other's company. Details of this upcoming event will be coming out soon.
wonderful ways to honor a wonderful person!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
ChristmasHeart (04-08-2013), gabulldawg (04-15-2013), lilnoelelf (04-07-2013), mgramsey (04-08-2013), mike24forever (04-07-2013), momnan30 (04-07-2013), Ryan (04-08-2013), Sabine (04-08-2013), Seawaters (04-07-2013), snowflake22 (04-07-2013), Solice (04-08-2013), sugar142286 (04-07-2013), XmasDreams (04-08-2013), xmastidings (04-08-2013)