View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 12,454 Times in 1,595 Posts
merrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemenmerrymistletoe could be one of the Wisemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
I am with Seth on this one! It really does not matter what it looks like. This happened to my SIL and we just made it into a trifle!
hmm, sounds like a great idea. yep, that's what it was...a trifle! A trifling mess! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
we spent the day on a trip to the lake and visits to numerous thrift stores. Found a couple of things, one of them a fun memory of canninemom! You can see why I just had to get this, an angel polar bear....

tears, I can just see Louann w/ her golden wings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
About my package from Louanne, CM3: The title of this huge book is An Ideals Treasury of Christmas, a 2-in1 Christmas Collection. The first part is "Home for Christmas," and I want to share the first poem that introduces the first section.

Welcome Home

The snow is white and glistening;
The stars shine bright above.
I'm going home for Christmas
Home to those I love.

~~Gladys Billings Bratton

The second section is entitled "The Greatest Gift." One story from this section is entitled "A Gift from the Heart" by Norman Vincent Peale. With your permission (Can't you just hear Louanne saying that?) I want to share the last paragraph and insert CM3's name instead of the name of the person in the original story:

"Strange isn't it? A shy woman alone in a great impersonal city. You would think that nothing she could do would affect anyone. And yet, by trying to give away love, she brought the true Spirit of Christmas into our lives, the Spirit of selfless giving. That was Louanne's secret--and she shared it with us all."

Ryan, I think you and Sugar are right. She is right there with Saint Nicholas, drinking coffee after each glittery sip, saying, "Glitter! Drink up!"
Oh my, I'm sure you were in awe as you were reading through it.
a beautiful gift. the story is precious. If only she knew what an impact she had on all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
awwwe, I have had disasters with cakes over the years too! I have had them fall apart, fall on the floor after I was done decorating, I have dropped whole trays of finished flowers, put the wrong flavoring in, under baked, over baked, had icing that was well, not good!

Want to bake a cake quick?
Spread batter on a cookie sheet lined with foil, bake for 15 min. When cool, cover with plastic,put in fridge for and hour. Then trim off the edges, cut in half for 2 layer, or 4ths for a 4 layer. Each is so easy to fill as there is no cut surface to worry about. Easy way to fill is put filling in large pastry bag and pipe on, no spreading required. Then ice the cake and it is ready for decorating.
I bake most of my cakes this way now as it is so quick and easy.

So glad your son was understanding, most likely will tease you about it when he is older! LOL
well sir, that's a whole lot easier than the way I did it. thanks Star, I'll remember that next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Hey Seawaters, Happy and Holly Noel here, saying thanks for the shoutout! And, sending much love to Heaven to CM3!
sweet little furbabies!