View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 06:58 AM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 41,451 Times in 6,505 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
Oh yea, you got me there! 10 lbs...sheeesshhh, that's a bundle there... Let's see, the last words my wife said to the Anesthesiologist during the delivery of our second as the epidural kicked in was ..."I Love You....

I believe both of our children were around 7.6 lbs ea. The first one, my son, she unexpectedly delived natural, well, with a local injection only! She went to 2cm dialated to 8cm in about 2.3 seconds and the doctor was not at the hospital yet.

They had to assemble an emergency team from the staff on duty to delivery him and the umbilical cord was wrapped twice around his neck. So everytime she had a contraction, it was choking him. We almost lost him that day, he was delivered without a sound from him and they worked on him for about 30 minutes before we heard a cry. If it wasn't from the skill of the staff there on duty there that day, we would have possibly lost him...

So, I remind myself all the time, (now that he's a 20 year old and when you know just acts like, well, a 20 year old) Thank the lord for miracles!
Oh xmastidings, that story about your son is so scary. Thank God he was alright. You are blessed, what a miracle.
I had a situation with the birth of my middle daughter that was very similar to your wifes. I dialated very fast, when the doctor got there he told me to start pushing! I clearly remember thinking to myelf this is barbaric, how can they not give me something to take! I had her 100% drug free. She was just under 10 pounds. Her head measured 14 inches around. I remind her of that day often, lol.
Sorry if that was TMI this early in the morning!