Thread: Vintage Film
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 02:17 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,360 Times in 2,949 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
We have a nice DVD box set of Lloyd that we got for Christmas some years ago---I'm ashamed to say we haven't played much of them. In his day, his popularity outstripped Chaplin and Keaton. Partly because his films were released more frequently then Chaplin's, and he was less of an acquired taste than Keaton.

A propos of nothing---I stumbled across an old book of recipes from film stars of the 1920s on Google Books, including Lloyd's recipe for his favorite lemon cake. I have it on my computer somewhere.

W.C. Fields supposedly said of Chaplin: "The [unprintable] is a ballet dancer." I don't think he meant it as a compliment.
That's funny! I will use my imagination as to what Fields called him! I'm guessing Chaplin was a big smug.

I guess I have always related more to Lloyd because his style just clicks with my personality and I've related to the "guy with glasses" character before!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
XmasDreams (04-16-2013)