View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 10:10 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,197 Times in 12,632 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymistletoe View Post
Oh star, that's beautiful!

Listen guys, I am having some health issues, joint pain & weakness. I have missed about 10 days of work since January.
went to doc this a.m., running tests & blood work.

Continued next post...
Quote:
My boss decided she had to let me go. Just got the call 30 minutes ago. 10 years there! I understand her issues w/ my absence. it falls on the rest of the crew & that's not fair. she was very sweet about it. she said it will be said that I have health issues I needed to address. nothing negative will be said to coworkers or customers.

continued.....
Quote:
Hubby & I had discussed my working already & had decided if it worked out over the next 2 months, I should quit. (financially speaking)

my boss & I are friends also so I know it wasn't easy for her. I love her very much! she had no objection to my filing for unemployment & said she would not give any negative feedback there either.

please pray for me, this is hard!
I am so sorry to hear this. Is it not illegal to fire someone for health issues?
she would also owe you severance pay, one week for each year worked is what is paid here. Of course your laws may be different than ours.
Praying you feel better soon and you get everything worked out.
((((HUGS))))
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
gabulldawg (04-22-2013), HomemakinGirl (04-22-2013), made582 (04-22-2013), merrymistletoe (04-22-2013), Seawaters (04-22-2013), shellie12 (04-22-2013), snowflake22 (04-22-2013), sugar142286 (04-23-2013), xmas365 (04-22-2013)