View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 74,734 Times in 14,917 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Good morning everyone. Thank you all so much for the prayers and well wishes. We are thanking God this morning that we are safe. We have friends and family who lost everything...but some good news was shared last night and into this morning:

A family we are friends with who live across the street from Plaza Towers (the school on the news) is safe and accounted for. Their home is gone, but their family is together!

My wife's cousin lost his house, but his family is safe!

One of my best friends lost his home (he was out of town at the time) but his sons made it out in time and are safe!

A friend that my wife taught with could not locate her two boys for most of last night, but we got word about 8:00 or so that they were found in the hospital and are expected to make it!

The line of folks just wanting to help is literally a mile long in places!

We finally heard from my grandma and her husband and they are safe! They rode it out in their storm shelter and it missed their house by under half a mile, but they're all good! We were very worried as we could not get a hold of them and could not get into that area to check.

Okay...enough for now...but wanted to report there is good news coming out of all this! My wife is very shaken up, and I think my kids are too. Thanks again for all the prayers!

I am glad to hear some your friends and family are all safe and accounted for. After our tornado 2 years ago it was the same thing people were coming out of everywhere to help out. People using all their free time using their chainsaws to cut the fallen trees, volunteering, feeding other people. The tragedy brought out the best in people, there are still signs around town that say "Monson Strong" which was coined a few days after the storm.