View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 09:00 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,619 Times in 12,678 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I hear ya on this, Star. I raised four by myself, too. My kids could not afford their school pictures, their class ring, or prom clothes. They missed out on a lot, but I made sacrifices where I needed to. The memories are the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmasstar View Post
I always loved doing stuff with my kids, yes it never looked perfect, the rows were crooked, flowers trampled but it was always the most beautiful garden I ever saw!

My kids were raised by just me and my daughter made me cry the other day when she said "mom, we had so much fun growing up!" This from a kid who never got new clothes or a chance to take those ballet lessons she wanted, who often only had biscuits and jam to eat.

So keep doing those little things with your kids, that is what they will remember when they grow up.