View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 08:44 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,624 Times in 12,681 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
The ceremony was very special. The boys were excited and so were the parents. I was mistaken about dinner afterwards, but they did have excellent refreshments. One was a puff pastry with a filling of nutella, chocolate chips, and mini marshmallows. It was then drizzled with nutella and chocolate melted together. One of the yummiest desserts ever!

Your plans sound like a nice way to spend the summer. During times like these, I really miss having my kids little. They sure make summer fun, so I am sure you will enjoy your summer so much. I bet they will have you laughing every single day. I hope you and others who have kids or grandkids, or furbabies (CAH, hint, hint; Snowflake and Harlowe, HMG [kids and furbabies], Meceka and Palmer and Mouse, and Made and his neighbor and friend, Brad and his family and car, Coach and Wifey and Baby Coach, [who else?]) will share your summer with those of us who are empty-nesters. I smile every day reading about what is happening with you. It helps keep me young, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festive Spirit View Post
Thank you SW. I appreciate your kind words. Such sadness for this poor man and his friends and family. All soldiers have been warned not to wear there uniforms in public. So far there has been a couple related incidents across the country - ''revenge'' attacks by activists. We just hope and pray that this doesn't escalate into something more.

How lovely, How did it go?

They return to school after the two week break and then break up for summer end of July for 6 weeks. We would like to do some day trips and perhaps a mini break somewhere. Other than that I am going to come up with some activities to do at home and there is a nice park nearby. I also want the kids to learn to swim this summer. Jacob is 5 and a little reluctant. Isaac is 1 so fingers crossed they enjoy it.