Thread: Vintage Film
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 07:26 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,569 Times in 2,984 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Recently I found out that one of my favorite classic film stars, Rhonda Fleming, is still alive. I wrote her, not thinking I'd hear anything back. I was shocked at how quickly I did hear back and we struck up a very nice correspondence. We had some great conversations. She's 89 (I think) but still sharp! When she saw my address as being in Moore, she went out of her way to ask about my family and check on us after the tornadoes. She also sent me a very nice autographed picture with a personal message on it.
She talks alot about faith, as we share common beliefs. She also talked about Ronald Reagan and how classy of a guy he was. She stated she was also a fan of working with Bing Crosby.
My favorite movie of hers (and one of my all time favorites) is Gunfight at the O.K. Corral, and she shared some tidbits about the filming of that picture.
That was the first time I ever tried to contact a celebrity. I usually don't, but since I've been a big fan for a long time, and I knew she was getting older, I went ahead and did it. I'm glad I did!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (08-30-2013), MerryCarey (06-26-2013), Yuletide Junkie (06-26-2013)