View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,362 Times in 12,655 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuletide Junkie View Post
Helpful hint: According to reliable sources, Baby Jesus did not have a pink blanky.
thanks for that info!LOL

I dislike the sets that show Him lying almost naked arms outstretched on the hay. Really, would you put you newborn like that in a barn? Not to mention babies only stretch out their arms when they have been scared by something. The Bible says "she wrapped him in swaddling cloths" that means He was all wrapped up, warm and snug. So I got busy and did some chipping, added some of that same cloth they use to make casts and wrapped him up in it, then put Him in the manger. Looks so much more real and natural. Painting will be fun, I love to make it all my own. I also have to find some kind of barn to use as a back drop for it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (07-02-2013), Head Elf (07-24-2013), judesmama (07-25-2013), snowflake22 (07-03-2013), whitney37354 (07-01-2013)