07-01-2013, 05:15 AM
- Canadians consume more macaroni and cheese than any other nation on earth.
- The Canadian motto, A Mari Usque ad Mare, means "From sea to sea."
- Canada did not have a national flag until February 15, 1965, when its maple leaf flag was adopted by its parliament.
- The average life expectancy at birth for a Canadian is 81.16 years, the eighth highest in the world.
- Between 1984 and 2008, it was illegal to sell pop in cans in PEI. All carbonated drinks had to be purchased in refillable glass bottles.
- The 1964 animated TV movie “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” was filmed in Japan, but the entire soundtrack was recorded in a studio in Toronto, Ontario and most of the cast were Canadian. The people who voiced Rudolph and Hermey are neighbours in an Ontario retirement community.
- Our Parliament Has a Sanctuary for Stray Cats... a colony of strays have lived just behind the Parliament buildings since the 70’s and are cared for by volunteers.
- Canada is the world's largest exporter of mustard seed, 80% is grown in brilliant yellow fields in Saskatchewan.
- Canada's Royal Mint has produced coins for more than 60 other countries.
Last edited by Christmasstar; 07-01-2013 at 05:21 AM.