View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,619 Times in 12,678 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We are so glad to hear from you and completely understand your absence. I have heard that a lot of people are not happy with the Gastonia hospital, especially with some of the changes recently. My niece is an RN but not at that hospital. She works mainly in geriatrics in Bessemer City. I am so thankful you were able to get your mom to Wake Forest. I know a lot about the wound pump and drain lines. I had to learn to take of it myself, except that once a week, the home health nurse came to visit and checked out everything. I am sure you guys are seeing that she gets loads of protein and those "loaded" milkshakes. Sometimes it is hard, especially if the patient does not want to eat. I have been that way lately. Like today, we went to Carl's Jr. (Hardees) and I had the monster biscuit. I started to eat and then decided that I just wasn't hungry. I did end up eating something around 3:30: half a mayonnaise sandwich, LOL!!! Does your mom have access to home health care? In one of my posts, I sent you a video link. I will try to go back and find out where it is and resend it. Tell your dad to take care of himself and don't forget to take care of yourself, too. Prayers your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgramsey View Post
Good Tuesday morning everyone. Sorry I've been away for a while. It was a rough few weeks with my Mom that included long stays in 2 hospitals. She was near death at one point at her local hospital in Gastonia. Once we finally got her transferred to Wake Forest hospital, they were able to determine the problem and clear the intestinal blockage. We learned there is a clear difference in hospitals and doctors. She is now home with her colostomy working well but she also has a wound pump, a drain line from her right kidney, and a drain line from her small intestine. She can walk around her house but is still weak.

I can never catch up on all the posts but thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Have a blessed day.