View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Christmas Altair
Last Achievements

Thanked 51,603 Times in 8,493 Posts
HomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHomemakinGirl leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
We were gone most of the day to Chico for appointments. For some reason, I was really tired all day.

Does anyone else have Yahoo email and were MADE to change to their "new and improved" service? It is crap--I cannot think of a nicer way to say it! I would be absolutely embarrassed to say that I had a hand in its development. What garbage! Does anyone have a suggestion of what we could switch to without a lot of trouble? I am desperate!

I have a dental appointment tomorrow morning. I will be starting on a treatment for bone health because of the chemo and radiation and I have to have a clearance from my dentist that I have no infections related to my teeth or gums. I start Zometa in October. The side effects sound like what I went through when I had to take Neulasta after each chemo treatment. I don't think it is going to be fun at all.

Here is what info I have:

Severe and occasionally incapacitating bone, joint, and/or muscle pain has been reported in patients taking bisphosphonates, including ZOMETA. Do not continue using ZOMETA if severe symptoms develop, as some patients had the symptoms reappear after taking ZOMETA or another bisphosphonate again. In aspirin sensitive patients, bronchoconstriction (tightening of the airways in the lungs) has been observed while taking bisphosphonates.

Report any hip, thigh, or groin pain to your doctor, as unusual thigh bone fractures have been reported in patients receiving bisphosphonates, including ZOMETA. These fractures may occur with little or no trauma.

HCM patients may experience flu-like symptoms (fever, chills, flushing, bone pain and/or joint or muscle pain). Common side effects in HCM patients include fever, nausea, constipation, anemia, shortness of breath, diarrhea, (Well, which is it?) abdominal pain, worsening of cancer, insomnia, vomiting, anxiety, (Ya think???)urinary tract infection, low phosphate levels, confusion, (I already have this, LOL) agitation, a fungal infection called moniliasis, low potassium levels, coughing, skeletal pain, low blood pressure, and low magnesium levels. Redness and swelling may occur at the site that you are injected.
Common side effects for patients with multiple myeloma and bone metastases due to solid tumors include bone pain, nausea, fatigue, anemia, fever, vomiting, constipation, shortness of breath, diarrhea, weakness, muscle pain, anorexia, cough, joint pain, lower-limb swelling, worsening of your cancer, headache, dizziness (excluding vertigo), insomnia, decreased weight, back pain, numbness/tingling, and abdominal pain. These side effects are listed regardless of any potential association with the medications used in registration studies of ZOMETA in bone metastases patients.
Eye-related side effects may occur with bisphosphonates, including ZOMETA. Cases of swelling related to fluid build-up in the eye, as well as inflammation of the uvea, sclera, episclera, conjunctiva, and iris of the eye have been reported.

Okay, who is ready for a field trip to see my oncologist? Any takers? I will share nicely, LOL!!!

We are going out to dinner tonight. I just didn't want leftovers (even though I love mac and cheese) and I don't really feel like cooking.

I will try to get back online when we get back. TTYL
Oh my goodness Seawaters. Sending hugs and prayers your way.
Enjoy your dinner tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk