View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,412 Times in 5,615 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Speaking of documentaries...I recently got the Criterion release of Harold Lloyd's Safety Last, and included is the documentary of Harold Lloyd: The Third Genius! I remember you telling me about that one. I've seen parts on YouTube, but having the whole thing on Blu-ray is worth the price for the disc, in my opinion!
If you enjoy that one, try to find the Brownlow-Gill documentaries about Chaplin ("Unknown Chaplin") and Keaton ("Buster Keaton: A Hard Act to Follow"). They're both awesome---and I seldom use that word.

In "The Third Genius," they talk to "Sunshine Sammy" Morrison. Mr. and I both met him briefly at a film convention. He had passed away not long before the show first aired on PBS in the U.S. It was poignant to see him smiling and telling about working with Lloyd at the Hal Roach Studios when he (Sammy) was a little boy. (He was also the nucleus of Our Gang in the early 1920s.)

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (07-10-2013), HomemakinGirl (07-10-2013), made582 (07-10-2013), Ryan (07-10-2013), shellie12 (07-10-2013), snowflake22 (07-10-2013), xmas365 (07-10-2013), XmasDreams (07-10-2013)