Have not tried this but might try it this week or next.
Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Author: CopyKat Recipes
- Recipe Type: Copycat Restaurant Recipes, Copykat Recipes, Drink Recipes
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 1
You can enjoy this Starbucks seasonal favorite anytime of year.
- Pumpkin Syrup
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of ground nutmeg
- 3 cinnamon sticks or 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- Coffee per serving
- 4 ounces of espresso
- 4 ounces of milk (warmed and frothed)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons pumpkin syrup
- whipped cream if desired
To make the syrup combine spices and water in a medium sized sauce pan. Bring water to a boil, and then turn down the water with spices to simmer. Allow the spiced water to simmer for 20 minutes. Strain out spices by pouring the water through a coffee filter. You want the seasoned water to be free of the spices. Place water back into the pan and add sugar and pumpkin mix well. Simmer this for another 10 minutes. This will yield about 1 pint of pumpkin spice syrup. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
To make the latte prepare 4 ounces of espresso or strong coffee. In a coffee cup place 2 to 3 tablespoons of pumpkin syrup, then add coffee. Gently pour the frothed milk over the coffee, and gentle stir. If desired top with whipped cream and a dash of ground nutmeg.