View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 10:15 PM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 74,686 Times in 14,905 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
AL East Winner: Tampa Bay Rays
AL Central Winner: Detroit Tigers
AL West Winner: LA Angels of Anaheim
Wild Cards: Texas Rangers, Boston Red Sox

AL Champion: Detroit Tigers

NL East Winner: Washington Nationals
NL Central Winner: Cincinnati Reds
NL West Winner: LA Dodgers
Wild Cards: SF Giants, Atlanta Braves

NL Champion: Washington Nationals

World Series Winner: Washington Nationals

Really tough year to pick the A.L. East, it really is tight race to pick them, but I had to give some love to my Red Sox. I think they can win the division, but as a pessimistic Boston sports fan I don't want to give it to them. (yet)

I like the Nats in the NL, but I could see Cincy easily taking the title instead. It is tough to repeat for SF, and I really can't cheer for the west coast Yankees aka Dodgers.
All Star Break is here, it is time to look and see how bad my predictions look. Wow, I am glad I don't get paid to prognosticate.
Of the division leaders right now only Detroit is where I thought they would be, I never thought my Red Sox would have the best record in baseball at the ASB. I am glad my prediction about them is wrong at this point.
Once again I like Pittsburgh, and the way they have played thus far, can they turn it around and play good ball the second half. I would like them to break their string of bad seasons.

I did just realize I do have 4 of the 5 AL teams that would qualify for the playoffs if the season were to end today. I also have 2 of the 5 NL teams, I thought the Nats would be better, since I did pick them to win the World Series.
The second half will be fun to watch.