2 and 2/3 cup of sifted flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter or margarine
1 and 1/2 cup of sugar
2 T ground cinnamon
3 T sugar
halved pecans or walnuts (optional)
Directions: 1. Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt -- set aside
2. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one ata a time; beat well after adding each.
3. Add dry ingredients. Refrigerate 1 hour.
4. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheet
5. Press half a nut into center -- sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture
5. Bake at 350' for 12-15 minutes