View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 12:52 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Christmas Eve is the BEST!

When I was a wee Sunshine our Christmas Eve traditions involved going to my grandmother's house (we would spend the night) where we would indulge in all kinds of Christmas goodies, watch Christmas specials on television, sing Christmas Carols and, during the ten o'clock news, we would watch the local weather person tracking Santa on radar. That was always my cue to finish my hot cocoa and get to bed!

Now, the hubs and I spend Christmas Eve with his family. We make the hour drive listening to Christmas music and singing along in our off-key way. Then spend the evening with his family at their Christmas Eve open house where there are always plenty of friends, family, laughs and food.

At some point someone will say "hey, isn't it time for Ralphie?" And we will turn on A Christmas Story and let it run in the background as we open gifts by the fireplace.

Late in the night - after much merriment - we will make the drive home, quiet and content. The Christmas music will be a bit more subdued as we ponder the magic that was the first Christmas Eve.
ballcoach (09-29-2013), Festive Spirit (07-30-2013), Holiday (09-10-2013), Minta (09-23-2013), snowflake22 (07-29-2013)