View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 04:23 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 145,153 Times in 26,698 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWasser View Post
Music Choice (available on most cable packages) is usually a great place to catch Christmas music each year with their "Sounds of the Season" channel, but I'm getting concerned: They recently took down their schedule for the rest of the year, for that channel.

I know we were all disappointed when they didn't air music for "Christmas in July", but could it be that they are cancelling that channel? Will "Music Choice" not give us a choice for Christmas music this year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuletide Junkie View Post
It is a little early to bemoan Christmas music's possible absence from the Music Choice roster. They have run two channels in the past. Lets take a wait and see stance, and see what happens in 80+ days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
I don't think it is anything to be concerned about, it looks like they just redesigned the whole website and probably decided not to post the schedule anymore. I would think that the Christmas music is probably one of their biggest draws in December, and I can't see them getting rid of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
Christmas with the many religious connotations must be giving music programmers attempting to be politically correct fits! Over the past twenty years or more the majority of the associated popular sacred tunes have been removed from play lists. Still, programmers struggle with alienation of a large demographic group by playing or not playing Christmas music. That's also why most opt for the term "Holiday/Holidays" rather than "Christmas." All other holidays still have an associated name.

I don't think Music Choice will dump Christmas altogether. Though the schedule is no longer posted, "Sounds of the Seasons" is still listed as a station under the "channels" tab located at the top right of the MC homepage.

However, the description reflects "The Pulse" and does mention Halloween while omitting Christmas! Hmmmm.

From the web page tab:

MC Sounds of The Seasons

The Pulse: Space out to the chilled-out vibes of some of the elite electronic musicians of today. #MCPulseCelebrate Halloween with this spook-tacular soundtrack. #MCSOTS

Artists include Zero 7, DJ Shadow, Thievery Corporation and Massive Attack.

Yeah, I would credit it more to the fact that a lot of us complained on their facebook page about having the schedule showing Christmas in July and then not doing it. So they probably are just saving themselves a headache in case they decide to change the schedule around again. I don't see them getting rid of Christmas all together.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!