View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
"We're No Angels"--- don't miss this one! (the one from the 1950s with Humphrey Bogart)
"Star in the Night" (a short subject; it's an extra on the "Christmas in Connecticut" DVD)---an Oscar winner and one of my top favorites
"Beyond Tomorrow" (aka "Beyond Christmas")
The 1935 British version of "A Christmas Carol" (aka "Scrooge") starring Seymour Hicks
"The Christmas Toy"---a Jim Henson production from the 1980s that always chokes me up
"The Box of Delights"---a six-part British TV adaptation of a children's novel that is (unfortunately) available only in PAL
"The Christmas that Almost Wasn't"---made for the kiddie matinee trade in the 1960s, it's cheaply made, but delightful
I'll be back if I think of some more!
The television ads for "The Christmas That Almost Wasn't" were as much unintentional fun as the movie is in spots. The announcer, "...this Saturday...half pause...& Sunday...half pause... at a theater near you." It sounded a little robotic.