View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 39,171 Times in 6,085 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I'm glad your DH is okay, whitney. Thinking of you both, and DD too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney37354 View Post

I haven't posted in a while, trying to get back to normal here. Two weeks ago, the day before school started, DH had a wreck on his way to work. A girl pulled out in front of him, in the rain, & he couldn't stop. His 18 year old truck was totalled. He was blessed to have only a few cuts & bruises. It could have been so much worse. They managed to miss hitting a stop sign, guardrail, & power pole, landing in a grassy ditch. DH bummed a ride to work from a neighbor/co-worker for two weeks, got tired of waiting on the insurance company, and bought a new truck on Saturday.

We are just thankful that everyone is okay. Truck was replaced, but DH couldn't be replaced. We hate that we now have two vehicle payments, but we are glad that we are still able to take the two trips we already had planned & paid for on Labor Day weekend & Fall Break. We will be extra thankful to be there this year!

DD has decided that she want to be a ninja for Halloween & she wants an XBox 360 for Christmas. DH & I will do without this Christmas & DD will get her wish (Santa will ask her to share with us!). Our Fall Break trip will also be my belated 40th birthday celebration & our pre-20th wedding anniversary celebration. Sometimes you have to combine celebrations to get to have one bigger celebration!

Long story short, we are now broke, but still blessed! Now that school is back in session, I'm ready for college football Saturdays (go Vols!) & all the end of the year holidays.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-19-2013), Holiday (08-19-2013), made582 (08-19-2013), Seawaters (08-19-2013), snowflake22 (08-19-2013), sugar142286 (08-19-2013), whitney37354 (08-20-2013), xmas365 (08-19-2013)