View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,164 Times in 12,625 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgramsey View Post
Good Thursday morning all. Sorry I haven't been around much. We are busy here. Fall semester has begun at the community college where I work. Our son starts his senior year of high school on Monday, 8/26. We are busy looking at colleges for him and applying for scholarships. (How I wish I could make him 5 years younger.) Most weekends we make the 3 hour drive down to check on my ailing parents. Neither one is doing well. Mom is still determined to go to Myrtle Beach on Labor Day weekend to see the ocean one more time. Hope we can make it happen.

An article in our local newspaper stated that the mountains of western North Carolina were second to Hilo, Hawaii in rainfall for the year in the US. We have already far exceeded our normal rainfall amount for the entire year. I certainly like the cooler temps but the rain has gotten old. Just 5 years ago, our well went dry during a drought. Now we have more rain than we can handle causing several land slides. It is suppose to be a nice weekend with only a slight chance of rain and highs in upper 70s and lows in mid 50s. We hope to be able to stay home and enjoy it.

Have a blessed day.
sounds like you are very busy! I pray your mom gets her wish.
Enjoy your weekend
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (08-23-2013), Holiday (08-23-2013), mgramsey (08-23-2013), Seawaters (08-22-2013), snowflake22 (08-22-2013), sugar142286 (08-22-2013), whitney37354 (08-23-2013), xmas365 (08-22-2013)