View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,294 Times in 5,595 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
I am with you on the open latticework for afghans; however I did use it on a long skirt I crocheted as a welcome-home outfit for me to wear when my (then) husband came home from overseas. I wore a body suit the same color as the skirt, hose that were the same color, and shoes that matched in color. This was back in 1972.

Speaking of fall colors, I bought a skein of Red Heart Fall (0981) variegated yarn and Red Heart Grape Fizz (3931) yesterday to do a test piece of each to see if I liked those colors. The Grape Fizz is jeweled tone. I want to make an afghan for Lily (my granddaughter). Her favorite color is purple, so I think she will like it. I will do a ripple along the lines of what we discussed regarding the rainbow variegated.

I was going to copy and paste a pic, but I am on my iPad and don't know how to do that without the Control key.
If you tap on an empty line (in Tapatalk), I think it will give you an option in insert a photo---works best if the photo is in your Camera Roll or Photo Stream. I haven't posted a photo using iPad in a while, and Tapatalk has gone through a few updates since then.

The colors and ripples ideas sound great!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (08-27-2013), Holiday (08-27-2013), made582 (08-27-2013), Ryan (08-27-2013), Seawaters (08-27-2013), snowflake22 (08-27-2013), sugar142286 (08-28-2013), xmas365 (08-27-2013)