View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,852 Times in 2,714 Posts
Ryan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa enviousRyan makes even Santa envious
I'm torn on the late Thanksgiving, whether I like it or not. Thanksgiving is my favorite day of the year. I know it sounds strange, since I'm a Christmas nut. But, on Christmas day the season is almost over. On Thanksgiving it's in full swing and there's so much anticipation and excitement. Having a late Thanksgiving gives me more time to anticipate the day, once Halloween passes. But, it also means less time in the "official" Christmas season.

I am planning on decorating more this year for Halloween and Thanksgiving, so there will be decorations up. I may savor those decorations and stick with our tradition of putting up the tree the Friday after Thanksgiving, after my wife makes it back from Black Friday shopping.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
aleighanne (09-17-2013), Holiday (08-29-2013), KWasser (08-30-2013)