View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,277 Times in 5,922 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
I'd like to see everyone have Thanksgiving off, first of all.

As for advertised specials, I'd take the old man approach: I want useful items cheap. Don't need big TVs, computers or video games. I need things like small appliances, pots and pans, etc -- practical stuff! (Not going happen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas365 View Post
People to use their heads and be SAFE!

Later opening times!

I've been working on Black Friday for years and last year was the first time I worked it and didn't feel safe. If there was a fire or emergency most people would not have been able to get out safely. I have never seen so many people crammed into a store before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabulldawg View Post
I would love to see everyone with their loved ones...Personally though I would like to see snow!!! some ball games and some leftover pie! and a lot of Christmas movies on Hallmark Channel!
AMEN to all these! We're not fond of crowds, so we generally finish up our gift shopping early and spend Black Friday cozily at home. Often we haul out the gifts we've bought, put on Christmas music or old-time radio, and begin wrapping gifts. (But we've been known to do that on Halloween, too, so we can be near the front door to answer the doorbell hand out treats!)

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
holidaytwinkle5289 (11-03-2013), made582 (08-30-2013), Minta (08-30-2013), Spyells (09-12-2013), sugar142286 (11-02-2013), xmas365 (09-04-2013), XmasDreams (09-04-2013)