View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,169 Times in 12,626 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawaters View Post
In the South, at least where I am from, this was also called a "writin' spider." Whenever we saw one, we would cover our mouths to keep the spider from seeing our teeth. According to the "old wives' tale," if this spider saw your teeth, it would write your name in its web, and you would die! If you look at the web, you will notice the zigzag line. Kids thought this was evidence of the spider trying to write names in the web. I am sure we kids looked funny standing around looking at this spider and its web with our mouths covered. Even to this day, I am tempted to cover my mouth when I see one!!!
that is so cool, I never heard of that before, but then this is the first time I have ever seen this spider too. May I share this on my Facebook page?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
ballcoach (09-01-2013), made582 (09-01-2013), Ryan (09-01-2013), Seawaters (09-01-2013), snowflake22 (09-01-2013), sugar142286 (09-05-2013), xmas365 (09-01-2013)