View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 01:43 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,637 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMom View Post
I am relatively new to the site but never shared this with you..my oldest daughter, Addison is a Christmas baby!

She will be 11 on Christmas Day! My original due date was 12/16 and I was scheduled to be induced on the 26th. I went into labor on Christmas Eve at 11:00pm...felt completely fine all day..went to church and dinner at my SIL's house. Came home around 9, sleeping by 10 and then woke up an hour later. She was born at 4:04pm on Dec. 25th!

You would not believe the comments I hear when people find out that she was born on Christmas: "What a terrible day for a birthday or she must really get jipped on her birthday. So many negative things and I never ever thought of it as a negative thing at all!! I always felt so blessed to have a child and on Christmas is an added bonus!

Whenever people make comments...I always say.."If having a Chistmas birthday is the worst thing as you see it is then I say she is pretty lucky."

She usually celebrates with a bday party with her friends the beginning of the month then on Christmas Eve I decorate her room with birthday balloons so she wakes up Christmas morning with a double excitement. We also always have a bday cake as well.

Sorry this is so long...just wanted to share...have a wonderful day! Would love to hear if anyone has another Christmas kid!
I think it is really special to have a birthday on christmas day! Double the excitment and double the celebrations!

My husband's birthday is two weeks before christmas and my neice is on Christmas Eve so I understand the negative comments as people often say similar to them......as they assume because their birthdays are so close to christmas it somehow get's overlooked.

I love how you decorate her bedroom for her, sounds like you make it really speical for her.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
BoxerMom (09-08-2013), Christmasstar (09-07-2013)