View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 03:28 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,637 Times in 1,569 Posts
Festive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the WisemenFestive Spirit could be one of the Wisemen
I love this thread, thank you for thinking of it! You have some beautiful memories and I really enjoyed reading.

There are many christmas songs that bring back various memories for me.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas always reminds me of my brother because we both love it so much. I think back to the days when we both still lived at our parents house and how we decorated the house together........

The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole takes me back to when I was very little. This almbum is my earliest memory of christmas music actually and therefore connected to my earliest memories of Christmas. It makes me remember christmases with my mum, dad and brother when we were all still together. Baking cakes with mum, helping dad hang lights, playing board games with my brother.....

The Salsoul Orchestra Christmas album - I can barely listen to this album without tearing up as it reminds me so much of my late father. He loved this. It reminds me of his love for the season. I remember him laughing and evenings spent with family friends during the season.

Silver Bells by Ann Murray reminds me of my mum and dad together, stealing kisses when they thought we weren't looking. They loved this song, I think of it as their christmas song. It makes me remember the nights we put our christmas tree up. Us switching off all the house lights and dad switching on the tree.....shiny red bells and baubles twinkling. I can just smell the boxes of decorations as we unpacked them....

Silent Night reminds me of church service. Do You Hear what I Hear brings back memories of singing in the church choir. Away in a Manger reminds me of our christmas pageants. The year I got to be an angel was so magical......I couldn't wait to wear my white sparkly wings.....I was so nervous waiting behind the stage.

Thank you for the trip down memory lane, I rather enjoyed it and if you don't mind I would love to add more when I remember......
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
christmas87 (09-17-2013), reindeerelf (09-18-2013), snowflake22 (09-17-2013), XmasDreams (09-17-2013)