View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 06:33 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,231 Times in 13,277 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballcoach View Post
Wow.....

Overwhelmed with emotions. That's how I feel....words can't explain it, but I want to try.

Birth.....was unlike anything I could have expected. Seeing the love of my life in labor for 15 hours (5 of those without any painkiller), vomiting the last 10, seeing the baby being born....it was all.....well....almost horrific.

The love of my life was hurting. She was in so much pain because of an accident with her epidural. I kinda felt robbed....all I ever heard was how great the birth process was....and it didn't feel like that to me....

Until I saw my daughter.

When she came out....and they placed her on my wife...when they handed her to me....never has something so light (7.5 pds) felt so heavy....and yet so pure....

I was so humbled to be in her presence....that I literally wanted to crawl under a chair because I didn't feel worthy...it was so emotional....

and all I remember telling myself...with tears coming down my face....is that no one....no one.....deserves all the blessings.....no one deserves to be this lucky....

for I am blessed...

I wanted so long to be a father....I've dreamed of it for nine months....and now I just want to spend the rest of my life being her Dad.....it seems as if nothing else even matters anymore...

My promise to my daughter is this....I will be the man she needs me to be. I will show her what a man is supposed to be....so that she knows what to look for one day....I will teach her to pray...how to win and how to lose...but mostly...through my example I set by how I treat her....I will show her how to love unconditionally....

She was born at 9:46 pm....she was 19 inches and 7.5 pounds...

and it was love at first sight....
amazing isn't it?
Congratulations to you both!
ballcoach (09-26-2013), Cetacea (09-26-2013), gabulldawg (09-26-2013), HomemakinGirl (09-26-2013), made582 (09-26-2013), Ryan (09-26-2013), shellie12 (09-26-2013), snowflake22 (09-26-2013), Solice (09-26-2013), sugar142286 (09-26-2013), xmas365 (09-26-2013)