Thread: It's October!
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Yuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elfYuletide Junkie is a good elf
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
I always get a little thrill out of October. Throughout the day I initial and jot the date on the jobs I proofread, and I get a little jolt when I write "10" for the month---the first double-digit date of the year. October doesn't pretend to be summer, as some September days do---fall has definitely arrived, pumpkins are smiling all over, and our favorite holidays aren't far behind.

I also got a little thrill when we went to Boston Market yesterday. They have their flyers out advertising their Thanksgiving dinner specials! Over lunch we wound up talking about what our Thanksgivings were like when we were kids.
We still get some pretend Summer days in early October. That having been said, there's a shot at a snow/rain mix in the northern reaches of the state Friday into Saturday; very Novembery.