Thread: It's October!
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 09:04 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,241 Times in 13,852 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyfully yours View Post
I forgot to mention that the Turkey is prepped with a Herb butter, which is spread all over the Turkey under the skin, then it will be topped with a Apricot, honey and ginger glaze!
The Turkey is roasted with 6 cups of Onions and shallots, butter/olive oil, and organic Chicken broth unsalted of course. Then when the Turkey is done, I make the gravy, and this is a tip for you all, onions are a natural thickener, so I place the juices from the turkey, and all the onions into a blender then mix! Place it in a large skillet and bring to a boil, skim off the foam, and viola......you have a marvelous gravy or sauce.

Now for the Mediterranean Mashed potato casserole, I'll be boiling 4 lbs of Idaho potatoes, then mashing them with unsalted butter, adding.....and get this...... instead of using milk, I subsitute with non-fat Yogurt then two eggs, and mash. Now after I heat Sundried tomatoes, chopped with olive oil, I add this to the mashed potatoes, along with roasted garlic and Greek Oregano, then add chopped Feta cheese and mix into mashed potatoes. Now I will do a layering effect into a large rectangular casserole dish, I will place one layer of mashed potato, then a layer of sliced Black
kalamata olives,( PLEASE no Canned olives, use Fresh!) layered over that more Feta Cheese, (sheep milk), then another layer of Mashed potato, then more olives, feta cheese, then the last layer of mashed potato, topped with Feta Cheese, and olives. Bake in the over at 375 for about 40 minutes and viola..........YUMMMMMMM!

I will decorate the table which seats twenty people, by the way, with colured leaves, and small colourful gords, and pumpkins!
I will try, once I've paid my membership to upload some pictures for all to enjoy!

To ONE and All a great day, and weekend! Happy October! We are getting closer to the Holidays!!!!!!!!

This sounds absolutely amazing, Joyfully yours!!
You must be very talented!!

I'm w/ Festive Spirit!! I want to come to your Thanksgiving party

🍁🍂🍁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk