View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,294 Times in 5,595 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabulldawg View Post
Im sorry after I wrote that it kind of made me feel old too! We are actually about to watch an old favorite Betty Davis movie from the 50's called "Hush hush sweet Charlotte" now that would classify as an older horror/suspense film!!!
That's okay! I had to kid you a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meceka View Post
Wasn't he in the silent Phantom of the Opera? That is an eerie film what with the odd colors. I liked it! I hope the party ends on time and that the enjoyment you get when you watch The Wizard of Oz makes the noise from the band unheard!
Yep, he was the original Phantom in the movies.

We watched the end of the ball game---Sox won again! Now we're watching a Burns and Allen movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
It had very odd colors for a silent film! There is one scene I remember where the Phantom is dressed in a skeleton mask and the colors are very vibrant and errie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
That scene was shot in two-color Technicolor (before the three-strip process was developed). A special process in the scene on the roof added some color to the Phantom. If you get the Kino DVD, you can see the effect. In the rest of the film, scenes were tinted various colors by a dye bath. ALL silent films were originally tinted that way, but today we often see only black-and-white prints.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Bullypup (10-05-2013), Holiday (10-07-2013), made582 (10-05-2013), Meceka (10-07-2013), snowflake22 (10-05-2013), xmas365 (10-05-2013)