Thread: Vintage Film
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,402 Times in 5,613 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I am ashamed to say I have not seen the General. I need to!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
It's in the public domain, so there are a lot of videos out there from lousy prints. If possible, try to see Kino Video's version, with the score by Carl Davis. Seeing a good print with a good score makes a difference.

One of the great rare experiences of my life was watching it in a vintage-1926 movie theater, accompanied by a theater organ---while sitting next to Eleanor Keaton, Buster's widow. I had arranged for her to be a guest for the showing, so I was her driver that weekend. Unforgettable!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Ryan (12-03-2013), XmasDreams (10-07-2013), Yuletide Junkie (10-07-2013)