View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 24,896 Times in 4,081 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgramsey View Post
Good morning y'all. Today is my last work day for the week. The college where I work is in fall break and we all have the rest of the week off. The wife will still be working and our son is still in school so I'll just stay around the house and get some chores done.

I agree that it is sad that Macy's is opening Thanksgiving night. Black Friday is fine but retail stores need to avoid opening on Thanksgiving. The only way to stop it is for folks to stop shopping on Thanksgiving but that won't happen.

We live in a remote area so we do a lot of our shopping online. The closest mall or real shopping center is almost 2 hours away. Even Walmart is a hour away. We will shop some on black Friday since we are down visiting parents for Thanksgiving and we usually make a trip to Pigeon Forge, TN to shop on a Saturday during the season.

Have a blessed day all.
Enjoy the rest of your week off work!! Nice!
I might stay home (like Sugar) with a cup of coffee infront of my computer this year! Last year I went out with friends around 10am & we had so much fun! Maybe we can do that again this year too? It's just rediculous to start at 8pm on Thanksgiving. Midnight on Thanksgiving was rediculous! 5am was plenty early. Ah well...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (10-16-2013), Christmasstar (10-16-2013), gabulldawg (10-16-2013), made582 (10-16-2013), mgramsey (10-16-2013), Ryan (10-16-2013), snowflake22 (10-16-2013), sugar142286 (10-16-2013), xmas365 (10-16-2013)