View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 02:29 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 45,506 Times in 7,285 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I, too, am against it but, I would like to provide another viewpoint. There are some employees that can use the money that time and a half (+) provides when they work the holiday. I did a 12 hour shift one year and had a very nice check - most excellent for a full-time college student who generally worked part-time hours. I, in no way, looked down on anyone that shopped that Thursday as I figured that they needed the bargains the store was providing. It was a long day and I was getting cranky toward the end but not because I missed the holiday with my family - it was because my feet hurt from being stuck behind a register for so long. If I worked in a retail store and was going to college and was offered the opportunity to work you better believe I would take those hours!

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Bullypup (10-22-2013), Holiday (10-21-2013), MerryCarey (10-21-2013), Mumof2 (10-23-2013), snowflake22 (10-21-2013), Spyells (10-29-2013)